A set of three padlocks situated on a dark blue background with several hexadecimal character rows. The central lock is open and glowing red, symbolizing a system open to a cyber-attack or any form of digital intrusion.[/caption]
Like any other tech application, voice over internet protocol (VoIP) technology is prone to various security risks and threats. If not properly protected, VoIP security will be compromised and everything in the system may be exploited by cybercriminals.
However, just because there are security threats does not mean hosted VoIP system is not reliable, or that Singapore businesses are better off with traditional telephone lines. In fact, there are a number of things you can do to safeguard your organization’s VoIP system.
1. Protect Account Information
One of the most common problems encountered by internet users is hacked accounts, which are likely caused by stolen passwords. With phones, sometimes all it takes is a single Google search to get hacked.
Usually, voip interfaces and devices come with default passwords that can be searched easily online. Most of these interfaces do not have automatic lockouts, making it easy for hackers to bombard the interface with unlimited combinations of keygen passwords. While this sounds impossible to block, using the best telephony system for businesses in Singapore greatly helps in keeping everything secured and intact.
When you have just acquired a new VoIP phone or you need to reset a phone to factory default, the first thing you need to do is to change the password. Otherwise, if you do not do so immediately, you will likely forget about it and compromise the security of the system. Some phones only require one password for both phone and web interface, while others require separate passwords. If yours is the latter, change both.
2. Disable Phone Web Interface
The web interface of IP PBX telephone system lets you access and update many VoIP properties, including the SIP and network settings, call settings, codecs and other VoIP features. The interface also lets you download phone backup configuration, which reveals the usernames and passwords of the telephone’s users in plain readable text.
The web interface of the IP PBX telephone system is probably the most vulnerable point of the entire VoIP system. It is very useful for company operations in the right context, but a prime target for cybercriminals who want to access your network for fraudulent acts.
Hackers do not need to connect on your phone’s LAN to gain access to your phone’s web interface. It can be done remotely over an open internet. All the hacker needs is your phone’s IP address, and voila! They can now control your VoIP usage. And even if your phone’s web interface is protected with a password, hackers can still discover your log in details by using a key cracking application.
That is why it is strongly recommended to turn off your IP phone’s web interface, and only re-enable it if you need to update the settings. But keep in mind that disabling the web interface varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. Consult your support staff or your hosted pbx service provide for a step-by-step instruction.
3. Disable International Calls
Many hackers hack their way to IP PBX telephone system for the purpose of fraudulent operations. They try to rack up your calling minutes for expensive charges. If you do not need to make regular long-distance calls, it would help to completely disable the international calling feature of your pbx phone system.
In times when you need to make a long-distance call, use a calling card to activate international calling. If part of your operations is making international calls on a regular basis, turn on the feature but make sure to monitor it proactively.
4. Use Anti-Virus Software
Since computers play an imperative role in a hosted VoIP system, protecting them against malware and other suspicious programs is part of crystal voice phone features offered to its Singapore users. Viruses and malware enter your phone system through email. Once opened, it will compromise your security features and interrupt—or worse suspend—your network services entirely.
Avoiding these unfortunate circumstances is as simple as installing and running anti-virus software, like firewalls. Most VoIP service providers in Singapore offer anti-malware protection as part of their service offerings.
5. Enable NAT Feature
Network Address Translation (NAT) is a router feature that provides computers, IP phones and other network devices with private IP addresses that can only be viewed on LAN. This masking feature will serve as barrier between the online traffic and your private IP phone. If the hacker will not be able to discover your IP address, then he cannot manipulate your VoIP activities.
Devices used for cloud VoIP that do not use NAT are prone to getting hacked. Hackers use apps and programs that let them search for endpoints that are not protected with NAT. A pbx phone system with public IP address may get ‘ghost calls’ or calls that only rings your device so the hacker can see what your IP device is. This is one of the first steps that hackers make to identify a target.
That is why it is extremely crucial to protect every cloud VoIP device with private IP address. This router feature is another layer of protection for your hosted pbx system from anyone trying to exploit it.
Alongside the evolving technology, network security threats become more advanced as well. Safeguarding your business data and customer information should always be your company’s top priority. You and everyone else in your network should always be vigilant in order to prevent inconvenient and costly security breaches. Partnering with a reliable VoIP service provider in Singapore and strengthening your security protocols augments your business’ ability to counteract these network threats.
If you’re planning to include a wedding live music on your most important day, it’s important to hire the right services that will reflect your wedding theme, venue choice, and music preferences. Not all types of music are suitable for weddings, and it’s important to pick key songs and performers at important points in the ceremony and reception to achieve the right mood.
Below are descriptions of events bands you can hire for your wedding in Singapore.
• Variety Band – This wedding entertainment group can play a variety of music genre, from classic love songs to to modern popular hits. If you want to hire a singer on your wedding in Singapore and you want your tunes to be made up of requests from your guests, this is the perfect band for your reception.
• Dance Band – A wedding live band that specializes in dance music should be your first choice if you want an open dance to be the highlight of your wedding banquet. Dance can mean a lot of things to your guests, so hire a band that knows how to incorporate both old and new dance tunes, so that you maximize the number of guests who’ll enjoy the party.
• Tribute Band – A cover band or a tribute band that focuses on a specific performer, band or type of music. So if you and your partner are obsessed with a specific singer or band, you might want to hire a wedding live band in Singapore that specializes in their songs. You will enjoy how they mimic the singing style, so you will feel like your favorite band is playing on your wedding.
• Swing Singers/Band – If majority of your guests are into ballroom dancing, you might want a wedding live music theme that focuses on that genre during the open dance. Swing music is also great for background music during the cocktail or dinner reception.
• Soft Rock Band – More commonly known as old love songs, soft rock is perfect as wedding live music, especially if the band has a very good singer. Your guests will also be able to recognize most of the songs and some of the elder couples in the venue may hear numbers that would remind them of their own weddings.
• Classic Rock Band – The genre refers to the type of rock music produced between the 60s and 80s, so if you like excellent songs with good tunes and sensible lyrics, pick a wedding live band that is familiar with such songs. Your guests will also love to sing along to these popular tunes, plus the music can serve as good background for the dinner reception.
• Modern Alternative Band – If you love rock and soft rock music from the 90s onwards, then a modern alternative wedding live band in Singapore is your best bet. Your friends and the younger guests will also love the song selection and will probably sing-along with the tunes.
• Classical or Opera – Don’t like dancing and modern music? Classical and opera pieces not only serve as great background music for the ceremony and reception, the music is also less disruptive and less noisy than popular tunes. A wedding live band that plays these pieces, however, might need more than a four-member band, with each member specializing in classical instruments. You might also want to consider a vocal ensemble to sing during the ceremony for a sophisticated and intimate wedding celebration.
• String Trios or Quartets – This type of wedding live band in Singapore is made up of a combination of violin (sometimes two violins), viola, and cello. Chamber music produced during the classical period is perfect for intimate celebrations in indoor venues with only a few guests.
• Chamber Orchestra – If a trio or quartet of musicians seem insufficient for the type of wedding you have in mind, you might want to consider a concert or chamber orchestra that’s composed of at least fifty musicians. The orchestra will usually consist of the following: clarinet quartet, saxophone quartet, reed trio, horn quartet, brass quintet, tuba-euphonium quartet, trombone quartet, percussion quartet, piano duo, and guitar quartet. However, there are also mixed ensembles with fewer musicians such as Pierrot, flute-viola-harp trio, flexible music, Le Marteau, Soldat, and Sinfonietta ensembles.
• Gospel Choirs – Couples who are both devout in their faith might want to hire a gospel choir for their wedding ceremony and reception. Gospel is a type of Christian music that has influences from religious hymns, country music, and rhythm and blues. If you want to incorporate music besides the a cappella from the choir, a wedding live band that specializes in wedding live music is a must. The band, like any regular wedding live band, must include the following: piano, drums, bass, and electric guitar.
• Wedding Guitarists/Pianists – You can either pick a solo guitarist or pianist or a guitar-piano duo for your wedding live music. Although these musicians are great for creating the right mood during the ceremony, you might want to hire more than a one-person band for the reception if you’re planning a longer celebration with entertainment.
• Jazz Ensemble – A jazz ensemble might look like an orchestra, but the two bands use different sets of musical instruments. For a jazz band, you can pick from the three-part, four-part, and large jazz ensembles. The instruments include the following in different combinations: banjo, bass, drums, piano, guitar, saxophone, clarinet, trombone, trumpet, tuba, violin, viola, and cello. Sometimes, the jazz bands that specialize in wedding live music will also include vocalists.
There’s nothing quite as annoying and potentially dangerous to your health as a house pest, and having to deal with them is definitely not a task for the squeamish.
Whether you’re frightened or fascinated by all kinds of creatures, you would definitely agree that pests don’t belong in your home. They’re often left unseen until it’s too late, and you already have to call pest control services to fumigate your home.
Types of House Pests
Singapore hosts a humid climate that’s perfect for these unwelcome house guests to come over and crash without even having to pay rent, but will leave more than their fair share of diseases in their wake. Here are a few of them:
• Rodents – Rodents are no doubt the number one enemy of any household with a food pantry. Common types include the brown rat (found in sewers) and the black rat (found in roofs).
• Cockroaches – This unwanted guest is best known for the proverb: “for every one you kill, there are a thousand lurking inside the walls”. They prefer to scavenge for food scraps at night and tend to hide in small, hard-to-reach crevices to rest and breed.
• Termites –Little termite can wreak a lot of havoc in the dense living structure of HDBs given there’s enough moist wood to go around, from furniture, to floorboards, to even drywall. They will even build mud tunnels in your house to connect their colonies.
• Houseflies –Anything that has a sickly sweet smell, whether the source is uncovered food or an uncovered trash can, will draw them in. They are more commonly found in tropical weather than in temperate climates.
While some house pests are generally just annoying to have around the house, such as flying ants, other pests such as cockroaches and rats can really give you and your family a hard time if you’re not careful in disposing trash and making sure your home is pest-free.
For instance, leptospirosis and the bubonic plague are diseases transmitted by rats, cockroaches can leave all kinds of bacteria, and a termite infestation means you can say goodbye to your drywall and wooden furniture that they happen to come across.
Common Hiding Spots for Pests
A general rule of thumb you can follow is that house pests will always tend to go for dark, hard-to-reach corners, or will get inside your house through any nooks or crannies big enough for them to crawl through and hide.
For instance, if you see an area in your home that’s cool, dark, and damp, such as underneath the kitchen sink, you can usually expect all kinds of insect pests to make their home there. The same can be said for other corners you can’t reach over with your broom or vacuum cleaner.
If you suspect severe infestation in your home, a Singapore pests exterminator can help save your property from the infestation and damage. Get rid of cockroaches, exterminate rodents, and remove termites for good by calling pest control services near your location.
DIY At-Home Pest Control
Most of the time, you won’t need to call pest control management when you can do it on your own. You can minimize the effects of insect pests at your home and make it unattractive for these unwelcome house guests by taking steps to keep your home clean:
• Don’t give them any reason to come to your house. Pests are attracted to food and water sources above all else, and uncovered trash cans and food left lying around in the open is an invitation for these pests to raid your home.
• Mind the gaps. Any holes or gaps in your home left unattended is a wide entry door for all sorts of pests. Ants are especially persistent in finding ways to make a home for themselves in your home,
• Keep your plumbing watertight. Leaky plumbing can also attract a good number of rats and cockroaches to your home if you’re not careful – rats are actually pretty good swimmers, and cockroaches can survive in environments with little oxygen.
• Use natural pesticides as much as possible. As much as you think standard bug spray can solve the problem, the same bug spray can cause additional health problems should you happen to accidentally get so much as a whiff.
DIY pest control management all starts with regular cleaning. Whether it’s clearing the dust bunnies in corners or segregating your trash and taking them out regularly, small steps can go a long way to keeping your home safe, clean, and pest free.
However, there will always be that one persistent pest that keeps on coming back no matter what you do – and when you do encounter that pest, it’s time to call for help.
Contacting a Pest Control Service
Don’t hesitate to contact pest control services in Singapore to terminate pest problems and severe infestations in your home. With a good pest control service, you can expect quality treatment of your home and environmentally-friendly methods of getting rid of house pests.
Not only does a good pest control service have a wide range of knowledge and experience in dealing with these types of problems, but they can also give you valuable advice for keeping pests away from your home.
This all starts with a thorough inspection and assessment of your home, which is made possible through certified operators who are trained to handle house pests and use the appropriate treatment to manage them.
They are also trained to work on a wide variety of venues, whether it’s your home, office, or warehouse.
Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam is one of the top destinations in Asia because of the rapid developments in commercial, industrial, and residential ventures. Add to that the affordable rental and property ownership deals that foreigners can enjoy, as well as the various sites all over Vietnam that tourists will have to visit.
If you are planning to visit Vietnam for the first time, most travel experts that you stop by at Ho Chi Minh City. But what are the things you need to do and the sites you need to see to make the most out of your vacation in The City with Two Names?
Sites to See and Events to Attend
Formerly known as Saigon or Sai Gon, Ho Chi Minh City showcases the best of both traditional Vietnamese culture and the influences of the former French colonizers and modern city life. The result of this is a collection of 24-strong districts with a booming economy and a colorful city life. Each of the 24 districts or quan is unique from the other, which might be overwhelming for someone who visits HCMC for the first time. So, make sure to read up about the district before you look for a furnished apartments for rent at Ho Chi Minh City in lovely Vietnam before deciding which apartment to rent.
If you are planning to stay at Saigon for a while, you will be advised to look for a cheap Saigon apartment rental or a better deal to get an excellent villa rental in the heart of the urban districts.
These are some of the places you need to visit when you’re at Ho Chi Minh City: Cu Chi Tunnels, Cao Dai Temple, Jade Emperor Pagoda, Reunification Palace, Mariamman Hindu Temple, Notre Dame Cathedral, Golden Dragon Water Puppet Theatre, Thien Hau Temple, Saigon Square, Museum of Vietnamese History, Ho Chi Minh City Museum, FITO Museum, Mekong Delta, and War Remnants Museum, and many more.
Some of the events you should experience at Ho Chi Minh City include Tet Nguyen Dan between January to February, Buddha’s Birthday on the fourth month of the Lunar calendar, International Children’s Day on June 1st, Tet Doan Ngo in June, Spring Flower Festivals, Lantern Festival or Tet Nguyen Tieu on the first lunar month, Southern Fruit Festival, and Mid Autumn Festival on the 8th lunar month.
Dining and Nightlife at HCMC
There is no shortage of things to do at Ho Chi Minh City, that is why foreigners and tourists alike fall in love and choose to stay longer here in Vietnam. To make the most of your stay, it is recommended that you stay long term at vin home central residence in Saigon, preferably because the place is near the best establishments and tourist spots.
Here are some of the best spots in Saigon to dine, shop, and party.
The best restaurants and cafes in Ho Chi Minh City are Quan An Ngon, The Deck Saigon, L’Aura De NamKy, Noir., Home Finest Saigon Restaurant, The Refinery Bar and Restaurant, Den Long-Home Cooked Vietnamese Restaurant, La Cuisine, The First Kitchen & Bar, Marcel Gourmet Burger, Nha Hang Ngon, Tram’s Cookery Restaurant & Bar, Nong Trai Khoai, Poke Saigon, The Temple Club, Lemongrass, Bac Den, Camargue, and Goc Ha Noi.
If you rent apartment at HCMC, you can shop at Ben Thanh Market, Saigon Centre Shopping Mall, An Dong Market, Vincom Center, Bin Tay Market, Saigon Square, and Diamond Plaza.
You can also chill at the best hangout places in Ho Chi Minh City such as Chill Skybar, Lush Nightclub, Apocalypse Now Bar-Café, and Sax n Art Jazz Club. You can also try the Bonsai Dinner Cruise, Saigon Opera House, and play at the casinos in Sheraton Saigon Hotel and Towers and Caravelle Hotel.
Rental and Property Investment
If you want to look for an apartment for rent in Ho Chi Minh City, you can choose from studios if you are travelling solo, villa rental if you are going with family or friends, posh condominiums, serviced Saigon apartment rental in busy districts, and rent a house deals in suburban districts.
Here is an overview of the rental options for tourists and possible property investment for long-term plans in Ho Chi Minh City.
Some of the best hotels in Ho Chi Minh City are in the heart of the city, District 1, though we also recommend rental of masteri room at thao dien in district 2 around expat location in Vietnam for more affordable apartments and condominiums. Most travelers recommend the hotels in Dong Khoi Street if you want to experience what it’s like staying in Continental Hotel Saigon, Hotel Majestic Saigon, The Reverie Saigon, The Luxe Hotel, A&Em Signature Hotel, and many more. The most-booked hotels in the city, however, are Hotel Nikko Saigon, The Myst Dong Khoi, EdenStar Saigon Hotel & Spa, Bay Hotel Ho Chi Minh, and Caravelle Saigon among others.
For backpackers and foreigners on a budget, the best option to find affordable hotels or rent apartment in Saigon is District 1’s Pham Ngu Lao area. The streets are also filled with bars, restaurants, nightclubs, and other businesses for your convenience. If you want to get the best deals for rent apartment at HCMC, you should look for the following: Christina’s Saigon Lofts by the Park, Christina’s Saigon Beatty’s City Oasis, Kim Property Vinhomes Central park, Awesome CBD Luxury Apartment, Sherwood Residence, City Apartment, TD Central Hotel & Apartment, Norfolk Mansion (Serviced Apartment), and Garden & Pool Signature Rivergate. The best condominium rental in district 1 is the Moonlight Apartment, while the best apartment for rent in district 2 for a family is found in The Vista.
For those looking to rent a house or a villa rental in Ho Chi Minh City, you might want to check out the following: Vy Villa, White House Villa, Chiuchiustay House, Tulip House, Hemera House, GEM Deluxe Villa, Hoa Trung No. 2 Villa, Full Services Luxury Villa, Sham House, Lucy Home, and Plumeria Private Villa. If you want to rent a house in district 3, the best deals are found at the Hai Ba Trung area.
An apartment for rent in Ho Chi Minh City is only for a short-term stay, so if you want to invest in an apartment, condominium, or villa in Ho Chi Minh City, check out top real estate developments near beachfronts and resorts such as those in Da Nang and Nha Trang. There are differences in the prices depending on which district the property is located,
The purpose of most modern fire alarm systems in Singapore is to combine the benefits of alarms and smoke detectors. Even buildings that have passed fire safety standards will still need an effective fire protection system because to prevent loss of lives, injuries, and damages to property.
To better understand the function of the fire protection system, let’s break down its important components.
• Control Panel. This is the brain of the fire protection system and contains all the programs, user interface, and operating devices. One control panel is required for different zones assigned by the fire protection system provider. These zones are based on measurements done in each room, the number of occupants, and the possible fire hazards in the area. The control panel may be accessed and turned off manually if the fire protection system in Singapore needs silencing, reprogramming, or resetting.
• Initiating Device. This is the term used for the detection devices that monitor signs of smoke, heat, and ionization smoke. These initiating devices may be found in places where there is a high risk of fire like machines or equipment, ventilating and cooling systems like the ducts, and others. Most of these devices detect smoke or heat automatically and will send signals to trigger the alarm but initiating devices may also be operated manually if needed.
• Indicating Appliance. This is the fire alarm systems that will signal to the occupants that there may be a fire or emergency situation that needs to be addressed. Indicating appliances may be in the form of the following: sirens, bells, horns, chimes, strobe lights, and others. These are placed in locations where everyone will be able to hear or see the signals during an emergency.
• Batteries. In case of power outage, the fire protection system includes its own power supply which will function for a limited time. These rechargeable batteries are found in the control panels or in other enclosures. The batteries ensure that the fire alarm systems will continue to function in any emergency.
• Auxiliary Devices. Sophisticated fire alarm systems in Singapore may also include other devices for extra fire protection such as LED indicators for zones, diagnostic tools for the fire protection system, silence switch for alarms, electromagnetic door holders, emergency voice alarm systems, and many more. Other fire protection system features also include safety interfaces to help control the spread of fire and smoke while waiting for the fire department to respond. These include sprinklers, suppression systems, and devices that control the movement of air, lightning, and where the evacuees should exit.
Please note that the components listed here is not an exhaustive list of the parts of a fire protection system. Modern fire alarm systems have additional features depending on the type and complexity of the installation. Design considerations are crucial in making sure that the system will work when it is needed.